Students who successfully participate in the program shall have an opportunity in their second summer in the program to participate in an internship off campus in their target 4-year college or industry.
The STEM Student Scholars Program shall promote excellence in knowledge, skills and ability of a select group of STEM students to ensure their success in securing research internships and successful transfer to their targeted 4-year institution.
- STEM degree seeking
- Minimum 3.75 Cumulative GPA
- Finished 12 college level credits with no additional remediation required
- Attended one information session
- Completed and submitted a 3SP application
- Joined a 3SP Faculty Research Mentor’s project team for Summer I or Summer II internship
Ongoing Requirements to remain in good standing
- Maintaining minimum 3.750 Cumulative GPA
- Contributing member of the STEM Student Union club
- Punctual and responsive to official 3SP communications
- Working to complete 3SP Academic, Research and Service Requirements
- Successfully completed an on campus 3SP Summer I or Summer II internship